Does your TV Turns ON But No Picture Or Sound? We have given you a solution here for how to fix this TV black screen issue. There can be many reasons which cause the no picture on TV issue, or example wrong input channel setting or due to faulty cable or parts.
TV Turns ON But No Picture or Sound – How to Fix
Please read the solutions below to fix the blank screen, no picture or sound issues. Also, if you see any error messages on the screen then you can check that error on the TV manual and use it to fix the issue. Are you getting sound but no pictures? Then check the solution here. Let’s proceed to the solution.
Fix#1: Make sure all Input Devices are Powered ON
Check all devices connected to your television and make sure that they are all plugged in and turned ON. Sometimes, it may happen that you switch on the TV, but forgot to switch on the device such as DVD player, XBOX, gaming console etc that you want to use it with the TV.
If you are using a remote control to switch on them, then also check the remote to see if it’s working or not or battery is dead. If the battery has no charge then replace the batteries and try again.
Fix#2: Wrong Input Channel
Check if your TV is on the wrong input channel for the device you are trying to use. You will get the issue of TV turns ON but no picture or sound, if the TV is switched to the wrong input channel, because the device will not able to show any pictures or sound.
To fix this, follow the following steps:
- Make sure that the input device is switched ON.
- Press the input or similar button in the remote.
- Check all input channels until you can see the display and hear the sound.
This should fix the issue, if the issue still persists then please proceed to the next step.
Fix#3: Check All Cables and Connections
If the above fixes are not working, then the issue might be due to the loose connections or damaged cables and hence disrupting the power supply on devices. Please follow the following steps:
- Check all cable connections and make sure they are securely connected.
- Check for any signs of damage in the cable, if you find any then replace them.
- If needed, unplug all cables and reconnect them.
- Make sure that cables are straightened and there are no bends or twists in them.
- Make sure that all cables are connected to the Input port on the TV and Output port on the device.
- If the cable is color coded, then make sure that you are connected to the correct color port.
- For the HDMI connection, make sure that both the input port on your TV and output port on the device are HDCP-enabled. Sometimes, if the port is non HDCP-enabled then the TV will not get any pictures or sound.
Fix#4: Disable ENERGY SAVE MODE
Check to see if your TV is on ENERGY SAVE MODE? If it is then, you need to disable this mode. To do this, use the remote control to go back to the NORMAL mode.
Fix#5: Power cycle the TV
Sometimes there might be issues with the power button, so to fix this do these steps:
- Unplug the power cord of the TV.
- wait for 2 minutes.
- Hold down the power button (you can find it on the side of TV) for 5-10 seconds.
- Reconnected the power cable.
- Switch ON the TV.
Hopefully now the TV turns ON but no picture or sound is solved. If not, then check out the solution below.
Fix#6: Reset the TV
- Unplug the Cable cord from the TV.
- Wait for 2 minutes.
- Plug in the connection again.
- Press and Hold the TV power button for about 15-20 seconds.
- This will try to force reset the TV and hence it will fix any software related issues.
Hopefully now the issue is gone.
Fix#7: Faulty TV Power Supply Boards
Often, the capacitors on the TV Power Supply Board may get damaged due to the power disruption, shortage or other issues. So, check the power supply board to see if you can see any damaged capacitor or any capacitor that is popping out or any fluid leaking from the capacitor. You also need to check other components in the power supply board for signs of damage. If you find a damaged capacitor, then replace it. Sometimes if there is more damage, then you may also need to replace the power supply board as well.
These fixes can work on the following TV brands:
- and many more.
We hope that the above mentioned solutions are able to solve your issue. You can also check their articles on our website such as TV Screen Is Cracked On The Inside, repair cracked TV screen etc on our website.
Please comment with your questions and suggestions and we will be happy to answer them.