Are you facing the issue of colored Vertical Lines On TV Screen? We have given here some of the possible solutions which you can try now to fix the problem. It is a very common issue faced by most users. The most common cause for this is that the T-Con board is malfunctioning. You need to check if all the wirings are tightened securely and there are no loose connections. In some cases, the T-Con board might be damaged or faulty. In these cases you need to replace the board.
How to Fix Vertical Lines On TV Screen
Colored vertical lines on television screen can be caused by many issues such as loose cable connections, loose T-Con board, electricity issues, damaged or cracked screen or due to the malfunctioning T-Con Board. We will give you a way to diagnose and fix these issues below.
Fix#1: Cracked Ribbon Cable
Many of the causes for vertical lines on a television screen is that the ribbon cable which connects to the LCD/LED panel is cracked or faulty. You should check the hinge area where normally it fails due to more flex in that region. As TV gets old, you might get cracks on the cable. You should replace the ribbon cable with the new one.
Fix#3: Loose Wiring
When you see the vertical line on TV screen, this might be due to the loose wire connection in the television. Try to push TV a little and if you see observe that vertical color lines disappear for a few seconds or is completely gone, then this indicates that there is a loose cable connection or that the T-Con Board is not functioning properly.
when you see colored vertical lines on TV, then very carefully and gently tap on different areas on the back side of the television, you may observe that the vertical lines go away completely or the intensity of vertical lines is decreased. This might be due to the simple loose wiring. Shaking TV a little may solve the problem temporarily but you need to do some diagnostics to find out loose wire and fix it permanently.
Please note that to tighten the loose wiring, you may have to open up the TV and check for any loose cable and also check the T-Con board. Be extremely careful and read all instructions before you proceed with this step.
Fix#4: Faulty T-Con Board
If you have confirmed that there are no loose wire connections inside the TV, then the issue might be due to the faulty T-Con board. You may have to replace it with the new one. So before doing it, please note down the brand, serial number and model of Television, which will help you in finding the correct T-Con board for it.
How to Replace faulty T-Con board
- Take a screw driver and use it to unscrew the back side of the television.
- Remove the TV cover.
- Find the T-con board. It is usually located at the top or in the middle.
- Disconnect all cables to T-Con Board.
- Remove the T-Con board carefully.
- Check the Barcode of the T-Con board.
- Note down the part number of it. (Usually it is the first long alphanumeric code in the barcode)
- Now buy a new T-Con board from a local store, or buy a new T-con board from Amazon. Search by giving the model and brand of TV T-Con Board.
- After buying the new T-Con board, place it in place of the old board.
- Tighten all the screws and connect all the wires.
- Place the back of the TV panel and tighten all the screws.
- Turn the TV ON, Hopefully now the issue of vertical lines on TV is gone.
Also please do check the warranty. You might get free service, if the TV is still in a warranty period. You can check the warranty for some famous brands below.
We hope that the issue is fixed now. Please comment with your questions and we will be happy to answer them.