Is your Smoke Detector Beeping Every 30 Seconds and it won’t stop? So here we have given a solution on how to fix the issue. The most common cause for a A smoke detector or smoke alarm chirping or beeping is that the batteries need to be changed.
Smoke detector beeping every 3o-45 seconds can be very annoying and most of us don’t know what to do in these situations. You will be kept awake all night due to the alarm annoying high pitched beeping sound. So how to make the smoke detector stop beeping? Here are some of the quick DIY solutions you can try right now.
Smoke Detector Beeping Every 30 Seconds – How To Fix
check below for some of the most common issues and how to fix them
FIX#1: Replace The Batteries
The most probable issue is that the smoke detector needs new batteries. So let’s see how to do it.
- Twist the Smoke Detector/Alarm off the wall counterclockwise or turn it to the left.
- Pull the detector and remove it.
- After removing the detector, check the backside of it and locate the battery panel door.
- Open the panel.
- Replace the old battery with the new one.
- Usually the battery will be 9V. Check the specifications before replacing them.
- Close the battery door.
- After replacing the batteries, Test the smoke detector by pressing the test button.
- If it beeps then it is working.
- Now put the detector back on to the wall.
- Turn it anticlockwise or turn it right to fit it.
Hopefully the current issue should be gone.
FIX#2: Power Issues
If the above solution does not solve the issue, then check this solution. Beeping or chirping sounds can be due to that smoke detector either that there is no power going to it or the battery is dead and needs replacement. Many times the alarm is wired into the wall. If due to power failure, its battery back will start working. If you see that the power is coming into the alarm, then battery needs to be changed. So in the case of a smoke detector that’s wired into the wall, you need to replace the backup battery. So, let’s see how to do it.
- Turn off the Power.
- Remove the detector by turning it anticlockwise.
- Remove the back panel cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Place the new battery.
- Test the Kidde smoke alarm by pressing the test button.
- If it beeps then the installation is successful.
- Place the smoke detector back to the same place.
- Turn the power on.
We hope that the above mentioned solutions help you in fixing the smoke detector beeping every 30 seconds issue. Please comment on ErrorFixit and we will be happy to reply.