Are you looking for a solution for How to Fix a Scratched Video Game Disc? Then you have arrived at the right place. I know the frustration when you take a disc to play and see scratches on it, and when you put the disc in your gaming console, t will not read it and you can’t play your favorite game. It can be really frustrating when it happens. So, how would you fix a Scratched Video Game Disc easily and quickly? Don’t worry, below we have given some of the most working solutions to fix scratched disk and play games on your console. This FIX can work on PS4, PS2, PS3, XBOX, Laptop/PC etc.
Before proceeding, please note that this Fix is recommended for minor scratches. Deep and heavy scratches will be very difficult to fix using these methods. We recommend taking help from professionals and get it fixed. It should not cost you a lot of money.
How to Fix a Scratched Video Game Disc
Let’s have a look at some of the methods you can use to clean disc.
Fix#1: By using Alcohol
Ok, first you need to grab a piece of lint free non scratching cloth. Now take a small amount of it and apply gently on the read side of the disc. Now, start from center and gently and lightly rub towards outward, Be very careful and do not apply more force, Just rub gently. More force can damage your disc further. You should do this till the scratch disappears or it becomes less visible. Once done, clean it and dry it. Once dried up, insert the disc into the gaming console and wait to see if it’s working or not. You can repeat the process again and try again to see if its worked. Hopefully it will Fix a Scratched Video Game Disc Issue.
Fix#2: By using Banana
Yes, Banana can also be used to clean a Disc. So let’s look into the steps to be followed.
- Cut the banana into half.
- Use half a banana and carefully and gently rub it into scratched disc, starting from center to outwards.
- Repeat it at least 20 times.
- Now after the above process is completed, you need to run the scratched disc under warm water and clean it completely. Remove all residues of the banana from the disc.
- Make the disc dry.
- Put the clean and dry disc into the gaming console and play it.
Hope fully now the disc will play, if it does not work, then again repeat the above steps.
Fix#3: By using Petroleum Jelly
This will require a Petroleum Jelly-like substance such as Vaseline, etc.
- Take a small amount of petroleum Jelly and rub into the scratch part.
- Wait for 60 seconds so that it can sit in it properly.
- Now you need to gently rub off the petroleum jelly from the disc by using a straight motion from inward to outward.
- Make sure that you remove almost all the petroleum jelly.
- Now clean the scratched disc and let it dry.
- Insert the disc into the gaming console and hopefully it will work.
- Repeat the above steps if its not working.
Fix#4: By using Toothpaste
You can also use Toothpaste to Fix a Scratched Video Game Disc. Let’s look at the steps.
- Take a small portion of gritty type of toothpaste. The gritty toothpaste is a little abrasive and will help in removing the scratch from a scratched disc.
- Take some water and make your finger wet.
- Now very carefully and slowly wipe and move the toothpaste where you see the scratch on the disc.
- Please make sure that you use straight outward motion from center to the outward direction. Never circle rub. It will make the scratches worse.
- Do it for approximately a minute.
- Now clean the disc with water and remove all traces of toothpaste.
- Take a clean soft lint free cloth and use it to clean wet disc.
- Dry the Disc.
- Put Disc on the video game console and see if it works. Repeat the above steps if its not working.
Fix#5: By using Disc Scratch Remover Machine
You can also use advanced methods like removing the scratch using Disc Scratch Remover Machine. You can get it from a local store or buy it from amazon. They are also cheap. Usage is very simple and it will remove the scratches from the disc very easily. Clean the video game disc and try it if it works by inserting it into the video game console.
If the above methods do not work then we advise you to take help from professionals. They will take very little charge for fixing it. Also we want to tell you that use utmost care while using all DIY fixes. Hope it Fix a Scratched Video Game Disc. Please comment with your suggestions and questions. Keep checking the ErrorFixIt Website.