Headphones Not Working Windows 10? It can be frustrating and very annoying. Check out these solutions and learn how to troubleshoot and fix the Headphones Not Working issue.
As we all know, headphones are a very important device and it helps us in watching videos, listening to our favorite songs, listening to audio books or playing games. So Headphones Not Working Windows 10 is a major issue for many people and many people check for its solution online.
In Windows 10, sound devices can cause issues. Sometimes drivers are not updated or they clash with each other causing the issue. Windows also sometimes misread a headphone sound output to a different device output which results in the no sound issue. In these cases you might have to check device settings and troubleshoot to diagnose the program. So without further delay, let’s see at some of the fixes you can use as recommended by many uses.
Headphones Not Working Windows 10 FIX
Let’s see some of the most working fixes. Try all of this until it gets fixed.
Fix#1 : Make headphones as the default device
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Now click on Hardware and Sound option.
- Go to the Sound option.
- Select the Headphones option and make it default device by click set device button.
- Click Ok and Thats it.
It should solve the Headphones Not Working Windows 10 for most of the times.
Fix#2: Allow Windows to Automatically Update Sound/Audio Driver.
- Go to the Taskbar and right click on the sound icon.
- Click on Sound.
- In Playback tab, select Headphones and then click on properties.
- In driver tab, click on the properties.
- Now in general tab, click on Change settings button. Please note that this will require Administrator privileges.
- Now go to driver tab, and click on update driver.
- As we want to automatically update the sound driver, So you should click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
Thats It! Windows 10 will now search for the latest driver and update it. As the issue might have caused due to corrupt or old sound driver, updating the driver will fix the Headphones Not Working Windows 10 issue. If still not working immediately, then you might have to restart your laptop/computer.
Fix#3: Manually Update Windows 10 Sound/Audio Driver.
- Go to Search Tab and type “This PC”.
- Right click on it and select properties.
- On left side, you can see the Device Manager. Click on it. This will require Administrative Privileges.
- You can now see list of all drivers and devices. You need to go to “Sound, video and game controllers”.
- Select High Definition Audio Device. Right click on it and select properties.
- Go to Driver tab, and select update driver.
- This time we will be updating manually. So select the option “Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Browse the driver software on your computer and select it.
- You now need to select the “High Definition Audio Device” and then click on Yes on the Warning Window.
This should solve the problem. You need to restart the computer and then check for the Headphone sound. If Issue still persists, then let’s move on to the next solution.
Fix#4: Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
This solution mostly works for the laptops/computer which are having Realtek software installed. If you have Realtek software, then do the following steps:
- Go to search box and search for Realtek HD Audio Manager. Click on it.
- Under Connector setting, checkmark the “Disable front panel jack detection” option.
We hope that these fixes solved the issue of Headphones Not Working Windows 10. Please do comment with your queries and suggestion.